Re: Package installation broken in all repos with package unavailable

From: Pablo Wolter
Subject: Re: Package installation broken in all repos with package unavailable
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 09:50:51 -0700

I am having the same results with  (add-to-list 'package-archives '("melpa"
. "https://melpa.org/packages/";))

So I don't know what is wrong ... if I remove it completely how I should do
it?

Thsi is the reevant part of my .emacs.d/init.el:

;; .emacs.d/init.el
;; Enables basic packaging support

(require 'package)

;; Adds the Melpa archive to the list of available repositories
(add-to-list 'package-archives '(
             ("melpa" . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/";)
             ("org" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/";)
             ("elpa" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)))

;; Initializes the package infrastructure
(package-initialize)

;; If there are no archived package contents, refresh them
(when (not package-archive-contents)
  (package-refresh-contents))

(package-refresh-contents)

;; Installs packages
;; myPackages contains a list of package names
(defvar myPackages
  '(
    tron-legacy-theme               ;; Tron legacy theme
    elpy                            ;; Emacs List Python Environment
    flycheck                        ;; On the fly sintax check
    blacken                         ;; Black formatting on save
    ein                             ;; Emacs IPython Notebook
    magit                           ;; Git integration
    markdown-mode                   ;; Markdown mode suport
    better-defaults                 ;; Set up some better Emacs defaults
    counsel                         ;; Ivy, swiper and counsel
    doom-modeline                   ;; Doom modeline-mode
    which-key                       ;; Options for keys
   ;; The following packages are now failing to install, the ones above
this line installed ok some days ago
    rainbow-delimiters              ;; Rainbow delimiters
    ivy-rich                        ;; Ivy rich
    helpful                         ;; Helpful (?)
    projectile                      ;; project managment
    )
)

;; Scans the list in myPackages
;; If the package listed is not already installed, install it
(mapc #'(lambda (package)
          (unless (package-installed-p package)
            (package-install package)))
      myPackages)