Re: EIEIO accessing class slots

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: EIEIO accessing class slots
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:04:09 -0400

>>> How can I accede to the initarg of an eieio class?
>> What do you mean exactly by that and why do you need that?
> [description of your code]
> This need adjustments but I hope you get the idea.

Sadly, this describes your code (with reference to unexplained things
like "the get-or-create of the object"), so no I don't understand what
you're doing at all, and I don't know what those values are
meant to hold, so I don't know what you mean to do.

E.g. why do you do

    (oref-default 'moirai-dired-side :display-alist)

instead of

    (oref-default 'moirai-dired-side 'display-alist)

?

Also, why do you need to do (oref-default 'moirai-dired-side
:display-alist), what do you expect it to return?

If you expect it to return the ((moirai-dired-p) ...)
you specified in the `defclass`, then why not do:

    (defvar foo-bar '((moirai-dired-p) ...))

so you can get this value without having to ask the class?

        Stefan