Re: Switching orderloss off

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Switching orderloss off
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:42:02 +0000

arvid-harnack@lavache.com writes:

> Which setup would you find most convenient to use ? Do people
> customarily fill "completion-styles"

I cannot speak for most people, but I personally use

  '(basic initials partial-completion substring)

meaning it first tries a pretty standard completion, then tries to
expand initials (plp becomes package-list-packages), then tries to
expand parts of symbols (pack-l-pac becomes package-list-packages) and
finally tries inserting anything pac|list, where | is the point, becomes
package-list-packages).

Not sure how this compares to orderless, as I have never serious tries
using it.

--
        Philip K.