Re: Combine multiple (straight-)use-package commands into one.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Combine multiple (straight-)use-package commands into one.
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 22:57:59 +0800

On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 5:57 PM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Ubuntu 20.04, according to the instruction
> [here](https://github.com/raxod502/straight.el/issues/786#issuecomment-859155336),
> I use the following settings in my Emacs init file:
>
> ```
> ;;Bootstrap straight
> (defvar bootstrap-version)
> (let ((bootstrap-file
>        (expand-file-name "straight/repos/straight.el/bootstrap.el"
> user-emacs-directory))
>       (bootstrap-version 5))
>   (unless (file-exists-p bootstrap-file)
>     (with-current-buffer
>         (url-retrieve-synchronously
>
> "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raxod502/straight.el/develop/install.el";
>          'silent 'inhibit-cookies)
>       (goto-char (point-max))
>       (eval-print-last-sexp)))
>   (load bootstrap-file nil 'nomessage))
>
> ;; Install use-package via straight
> (straight-use-package 'use-package)
>
> ;; Setting this to `t' makes it so that you don't need to include the
> :straight
> ;; keyword in use-package declarations unless you want to add/extend the
> package
> ;; installation recipe.
>
> (setq straight-use-package-by-default t) ; straight's equivalent of
> `use-package-always-ensure'.
> ```
> Now, I want to install multiple package hosted in recipe repositories
> (such as MELPA) as shown below with only one (straight-)use-package
> command, is it possible?
> ```
> (use-package flycheck)
> (use-package lsp-mode)
> (use-package dash)
> (use-package posframe)
> (use-package s)
> (use-package ein)
> (use-package smartparens)
> (use-package valign)
> (use-package multi-term)
> ```

Based on the code snippets at
<https://github.com/flakyhermit/emacs.d/blob/6b488895071e980433facf648f482974526d6a13/init.el#L22>,
I figured out the following solution with `straight-use-package'
command:

(defvar package-list)
(setq package-list '(
       flycheck lsp-mode dash posframe
       s ein smartparens valign
       multi-term
))

(mapc (lambda(package-name)
(straight-use-package package-name)) package-list)

But I still don't know the corresponding implementation with
`use-package' command.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China