Re: A strange auto typesetting problem when using auctex.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: A strange auto typesetting problem when using auctex.
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:48:56 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> Then I try to test auctex with the following LaTeX sample file:
>
> %% LaTeX sample file
> \documentclass{paper}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \begin{document}
> See
> \href{http://www.fulviofrisone.com/attachments/article/480/Ballentine%20L.%20Quantum%20mechanics%20-%20a%20modern%20development%20(1998)(T)(673s).pdf}{page
> 98}
> \end{document}
> %% LaTeX sample file ends here
>
> When I put the point after the `{page 98}' and hit RET, the LaTeX file
> will be automatically completed into the following:

RET doesn't suffice for me but when I fill that paragraph, I get the
same symptom.

> Any hints for this problem?

That's because the URL contains % and therefore looks like a "code
comment" to auctex, e.g.

  \some\latex{code}% And some comment bla bla bla bla...

which would be properly filled as

  \some\latex{code}% And some comment bla bla bla

Of course, here it is wrong.

I don't see what we could do here, unfortunately.  But please file a bug
report (M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET).

Bye,
Tassilo