Re: Eglot Failed to completion for commands defined in specified loaded

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Eglot Failed to completion for commands defined in specified loaded packages for auctex.
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:59:35 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> Then I open the following tex document in Emacs
>
> ```
> \documentclass{paper}
> \usepackage{braket}
> \begin{document}
>    Some testing comes here.
> \end{document}
> ```
>
> and enable Eglot (M-x eglot), but I find that Eglot Failed to do the
> completion for commands defined in specified loaded packages for
> auctex. But TeXstudio doesn't have this problem.

Do you know what Eglot is?  It's an LSP (Language Server Protocol)
client which requests completions, documentation, etc. from an LSP
server.  I doubt there is a LaTeX LSP server.

You can use company-mode with capf (and dabbrev) backend with auctex to
get completion popups, see this screenshot:

That should work out of the box with no additional packages except for
company and then enabling `company-mode' in your LaTeX buffer.

Bye,
Tassilo