Re: [External] : Re: Appending lists

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Appending lists
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 19:03:01 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

>> The variable does not change but its value apparently
>> change
>
> What does it mean for a variable's value to change? Does it
> mean that the variable points to (returns) a different
> value? Or does it mean that the value (itself) that it
> points to, changes? [...]

I'm starting to think this box diagram would be helpful,
didn't one do a minimal example case with `nreverse' (or
`nconc'), i.e. the fewest number of lists and list elements
possible, and then draw a box diagram to show what happens?

I can do it in ASCII tonight, God willing, but I find it hard
to think that no one did it already?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal