Re: Emacs 26.3 strange ESS init error regarding Projectile and project r

From: Carlo Tambuatco
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.3 strange ESS init error regarding Projectile and project root.
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 00:46:27 -0400

Unfortunately, reinstalling ESS did not solve the problem. I even tried
uninstalling
and reinstalling emacs itself to no avail. I don't know when this problem
occurred
or why but the combination of ESS and emacs-26.3 simply does not work. For
some reason, the ESS package still gives me this error:

"project-root is already defined as something else than a generic function"