Re: project.el project-find-files and symlinks

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: project.el project-find-files and symlinks
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 16:10:27 +0300

On 12.06.2021 21:10, Juris wrote:
Thanks for the tip Dmitry, I did try this and it does solve my complaint. The downside being that I have to manage a patches project.el and track upstream changes manually. Surely some easy configuration would be a welcome change but, I also understand your stance.

I suppose you'd also want the project-vc backend (e.g. in Git repos) to follow symlinks as well?

Hmmm, that would be yes.

If we wanted to add an option, could you 'M-x report-emacs-bug' and describe the feature in more detail?

That is, steps to create an example directory, current and desired behaviors.

Bonus points for describing how the 'vc' project backend currently behaves with such a dir.