Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Appending lists

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Appending lists
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:04:26 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> https://www.quantamagazine.org/does-time-really-flow-new-clues-come-from-a-century-old-approach-to-math-20200407/
>
> [ The relationship being that type theory is generally
>   associated with constructive logic rather than with
>   classical logic. ]

Eh, "type theory"? Are we talking types like in
a programming language? There is a theory behind that?

I always thought it was just a matter of arranging 0s and 1 in
a way that was agreed-upon locally to denote that something is
something so it can be recognized and operated upon/used in
certain ways?

Much like a network communication protocol. Like question one,
what does the messages look like (how are they organized)?
Question two, in what order are they supposed to come?
Question three, what does it all mean?

And that's it?

Well, maybe there is a theory to networks as well, now that
I think about it. Of course there is. Bad example. But that
still feels more theoretic than types, with node diagrams and
stuff...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal