Re: changelog and diff-add-change-log-entries-other-window (git, HG)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: changelog and diff-add-change-log-entries-other-window (git, HG)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 08:07:53 -0400

Uwe Brauer [2021-06-19 10:03:35] wrote:
> add-change-log-entry-other-window works great in lisp files, and with
> some tweaks in LaTeX files, but in other files I am missing some context
> information.

Depends on the major mode of "other files".  Report those problems to
the authors of those major modes (`add-change-log-entry-other-window`
can be supported via `add-log-current-defun-function` but also defaults
to using the info provided by `which-function-mode`, which itself
defaults to using the info provided by `imenu`).

        Stefan