RE: Wdired doesn't like re-search-forward

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: Wdired doesn't like re-search-forward
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:41:02 +0000

I am not sure, but when you use re-search-forward, be sure that you are not
matchning some of non-writable text in dired, so you don't get error when you
try to replace read-only text.

Even in wdired mode, certain parts of text remain read-only.

Don't know if that is the case, but something to be aware of.