RE: [External] : Re: Appending lists

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Appending lists
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 22:07:44 +0000

> >> Then these terms should be dropped, perhaps.
> >
> > Relative terms are (relatively) useful. Would you drop
> > "left" or "right" or "up" or "down"?
>
> Yes, but everyone knows that, however when someone introduces
> fancy terminology (shallow and deep copy) one expects them to
> have precise definitions.
>
> At least that's what I expected in this case, maybe that's
> relative as well...

They're common, old, general, and (yes) relative terms.
And hardly fancy.  But if unacquainted (no shame in that):

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=deep+copy+lisp
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=shallow+copy+lisp

This heavily upvoted Q&A is the first search hit:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/184710/what-is-the-difference-between-a-deep-copy-and-a-shallow-copy