idle-time reset when switching desktop-page

From: Peter Münster
Subject: idle-time reset when switching desktop-page
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 08:26:12 +0200

Hi,

Surprised about functions never executing, that I start with
gnus-demon-add-handler and some idle-time, I've checked the idle time of
emacs this way:

while sleep 1; do emacsclient -e '(current-idle-time)'; done

This test has revealed, that the idle time is reset to 0, whenever I
switch a desktop-page. I use FvwmPager with 3x3 pages. Emacs is on page
2-2 and even when emacs is not affected by the page-change (for example
from 1-1 to 1-2), the idle time is reset.

How could I avoid such reset please?

TIA for any hints,
--
           Peter