Re: Exporting form emacs texinfo-mode to dvi, pdf, and html

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Exporting form emacs texinfo-mode to dvi, pdf, and html
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 04:53:01 +0200

lisa-asket wrote:

> M-x compile RET make PDF RET
>
> Tried it only to get
>
> -*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "~/documents/" -*-
> Compilation started at Sat Jun 26 12:34:04
>
> make myfile.pdf
> make: Nothing to be done for 'myfile.pdf'.

You can do for example

  (setq compile-command "make -j 4 -s -k ")
  (setq compilation-read-command nil)

Then if you want to compile Markdown setup that mode

  (require 'markdown-mode)
  (define-key markdown-mode-map "\C-c\C-c" #'compile)

Last you need a Makefile in that directory and that works the
way it always does, you have a bunch of commands there to,
I don't know, transform the Markdown perhaps into HTML or
whatever you want to do...

Done! Now you can edit the Markdown in an Emacs buffer, and
when you have made a change, hit C-c C-c and have it as HTML
as well!

Clever.

--
underground experts united