Re: Printf and quoting in general, SQL injection in particular

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Printf and quoting in general, SQL injection in particular
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:02:17 +0300

* Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> [2021-06-26 02:55]:
> Relax, this notion that you shouldn't construct file paths by
> string functions, nor SQL queries for that matter, and what
> more? hyperlinks? or are you allowed to do that?
>
> These opinions are "arguably" correct at best - and that means
> some people will insist (argue) they are. And maybe that's
> what's happening right now?

We can observe the phenomena of raised warnings for various particular
issues in programming. I am very fine with warnings and learn out of
it.

What I don't agree easily is sometimes how those warnings are
formulated as there is usually deeper truthful meaning that could not
express by poster clearly in the email.

Sometimes warnings are in a wrong context.

Whatever it may be, one thing is sure, there must be some truth there
as warnings are given by experienced people.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman