Re: Running makefiles from emacs

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Running makefiles from emacs
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 12:37:16 +0200

lisa-asket@perso.be writes:

> How can I run a makefile using an emacs command, perhaps a function.  What
> suggestions would you have?

Have you seen wiki page about compile command?

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CompileCommand

There are quite few tips. I have adapted myself several snippets from
that page, and been using them for quite some time. Check those about
neares Makefile, and recompile.

My personal adaptation if it helps (just some minor tweak if I remember
well):

https://github.com/amno1/.emacs.d/blob/main/lisp/c%2B%2B-setup.el