Re: How to have a variable always set for emacs --debug-init

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to have a variable always set for emacs --debug-init
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 18:00:35 +0300

* Y. E. <yugenekr@gmail.com> [2021-06-28 17:19]:
> Hello,
>
> I use Emacs 28.0.50 and have (setq bookmark-fontify nil)
> in my init.el file.
> When I load emacs with --debug-init option, that setting is,
> of course, neglected.

--debug-init is for debugging on what is going on during the
  startup. Otherwise it will load the settings.

If you wish to set bookmark-fontify to nil just use customize feature:

M-x customize-variable RET bookmark-fontify RET

and set it to nil, save it for future session, done.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman