Re: Running makefiles from emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Running makefiles from emacs
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 20:55:09 +0200

mrf wrote:

>> What is a "single source code program"?
>
> That's when you share small programs without makefile or
> compile script (or any build system actullay) which is also
> useful for code snippets

There is a name for that, really?

And even so, isn't the idea they should be integrated as
building blocks into other, bigger projects?

> you can take a look at this post from my blog (although the
> post is in arabic code blocks are in english)

Good!

> where code snippets include their own compile command in the
> top of file as local file variable:
>
> https://themrfantastic.gitlab.io/blending-modes.html

Yes, I see ... but I still don't understand why one would do
that or what this is suppose to illustrate?

A blast from the past BTW, C99, a standard whose main concern
was to be compatible with everything else already there...

Heh, C with pointer arithmetic and explicit memory
management... Preprocessor functions aren't mandatory even in
C tho, or am I wrong ? yes : no.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal