Re: Running makefiles from emacs

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Running makefiles from emacs
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 11:00:55 +0200

mrf <joinlaw@cock.li> writes:

> Arthur Miller writes:
>>
>> Yes, TCC comes with a similar hack, but the C script is independent of
>> the compiler and you don't need to clutter each and every file with bash
>> script and linker/compiler directives in each file either.
>
> Yes exactly, I can make this line smaller (with one line) without my file
> time stamp
> hack but then it will compile each time I run this script and also I can
> use cc instead of gcc which will select default compiler in your system.
>
> What makes me believe my hack is better than Tiny CC and what you send
> is that my hack gives my the ability to use all the compiler
> optimizations of gcc (performant scripts).

Check examples in posted C shell script. You can pass one liner she-bang
with linker/compiler flags on that line. That is still way much less clutter
than what you suggest with your solution :-). Sorry, but your solution
requires you to add shell script to every c source file you wish to use
as a "single source program" as you put it, and in addition even help
from Emacs.