Re: dired customization

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: dired customization
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 17:52:21 +0200

Klaus Jantzen wrote:

> in dired I can use 'New Frame' (C-x 5 2) to display
> a previously selected file in a new, bigger frame.
>
> Looking through the customization options for dired I did
> not find a solution for the following question:
>
> Which option do I have to change to alter the dimensions of
> this new frame?

C-h k C-x 5 2

C-h f make-frame-command RET

TAB (or `forward-button')

RET (or `push-button')

You are now in /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/frame.el.gz
line 785 and see

  (if (display-graphic-p)
      (make-frame)
    (select-frame (make-frame)) )

so if you are in X that's `make-frame' for you...

C-h f make-frame RET

  (make-frame &optional PARAMETERS)

  [...] Each element of PARAMETERS should have the form
  (NAME . VALUE), for example [...]

  (width . NUMBER)  The frame should be NUMBER characters in width.
  (height . NUMBER) The frame should be NUMBER text lines high.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal