Re: Running makefiles from emacs

From: mrf
Subject: Re: Running makefiles from emacs
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 20:13:27 +0300

Arthur Miller writes:

> Check examples in posted C shell script. You can pass one liner she-bang
> with linker/compiler flags on that line. That is still way much less clutter
> than what you suggest with your solution :-). Sorry, but your solution
> requires you to add shell script to every c source file you wish to use
> as a "single source program" as you put it, and in addition even help
> from Emacs.

No there no need for help from emacs and compiler flags can be passed in
command line and also from the C script.

The emacs local variable line is for people to quickly run it with
M-x compile when they open it but you can take this line if you don't
use emacs and run it in the terminal.

BTW running it with ./script.c should be sufficient but I put this line
as example for passing values and compiler flags.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. My GNU/hack does not need extra
dependency as what you suggest and If I share this scripts anyone can
run it without bothering of installing new dependency.