Re: headings in sh-mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: headings in sh-mode
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 20:34:04 +0200

lisa-asket wrote:

> Then I did
>
> * Heading
>
> ** Heading
>
> *** Heading
>
> **** Heading
>
> The last headings took effect, but they srcew up the srcipt
> because they are not used as comments.

Of course, you must obey the shell language rules (syntax in
this case), if you'd like it to work.

But honestly... you don't need a header hierarchy like this
for a shell script, they should be simple and short (well, as
short as possible, and long scripts aren't advanced, really,
they are just long).

If you really want something like that, can't `org-mode' do
little buttons under each of the ranked headings, and the
script will pop up and maybe execute, even?

I'm not an org-mode user myself, what you describe I recognize
from HTML and LaTeX but those are about organizing
_information_, not bunching together shell tools executing on
top of each other, and to the side...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal