Emacs Initialization

From: Steve A Branch
Subject: Emacs Initialization
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 19:16:07 -0400

Dear Gnu Emacs Helpers,

First of all, thank you for providing my go-to editor for the past (I
think) 40  years.  I have so much invested in emacs that I just cannot
get started with another editor.  So, great job.

I have a confusing problem that I have encountered since starting to
learn how to code in Python 3.  I want my emacs window to initialize
itself using my ~/.emacs.d/init.el initialization file.  I have enclosed
it for your information.

The problem I am experiencing is that frequently the emacs window opens
smaller than I expect.  I can exit emacs and try it several more times,
and it will eventually initialize properly.  I'm confused about what is
happening.  I hope you can give me some advice on how to get emacs to
initialize properly each time in invoke it.

I have been using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS for a couple years,  and I start
emacs using a link on the left-hand side of my monitor.

Also, you can probably tell from my init.el file that I have very little
idea how to write the initialization file.  I'm hoping you can direct me
to some information on how to get that done.

Thanks for your help.<!-- This is the title line from the signature
file, (~/mail/signature.html). -->

Thank you,
*Steve Branch*
/216.848.0499/
/BlindStevie@mail.com/
/2584 Charney Road/
/University Heights, OH 44118-4403/

c isn't just a good idea, it's the *law*!