Re: Emacs Initialization

From: Felix Dietrich
Subject: Re: Emacs Initialization
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 01:16:07 +0200

Steve A Branch <BlindStevie@mail.com> writes:

> I have a confusing problem that I have encountered since starting to
> learn how to code in Python 3.  I want my emacs window to initialize
> itself using my ~/.emacs.d/init.el initialization file.  I have enclosed
> it for your information.
>
> The problem I am experiencing is that frequently the emacs window opens
> smaller than I expect.  I can exit emacs and try it several more times,
> and it will eventually initialize properly.  I'm confused about what is
> happening.  I hope you can give me some advice on how to get emacs to
> initialize properly each time in invoke it.

Try putting the frame configuration in the early init file, either
“~/.config/emacs/early-init.el” or “~/.emacs.d/early-init.el”.  See also
(info "(emacs) Early Init File") [1]: “[the early init] file is loaded before
the
package system and GUI is initialized, so in it you can customize
variables that affect frame appearance […]”.

[1]
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Early-Init-File.html>
--
Felix Dietrich