Re: Quote by Knuth

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Quote by Knuth
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 00:43:10 +0200

Christopher Dimech wrote:

> I cannot see how we can make mathematical computations in
> code literate because mathematics is full of esoteric glyphs
> that would complicate rather than explain. Mixing everything
> together is a bad idea.

You can express math in or as text, that is what LaTeX does
for example. (All programming is or does that in one way or to
some degree or another.)

> Even if we manage to get computations look like pseudocode,
> will that aid understanding?

You can today express all computation as pseudocode or real
code, again that's not the issue.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal