Re: Quote by Knuth

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Quote by Knuth
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 09:43:20 +0300

> From: Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com>
> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 04:58:29 +0200
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> Many jobs are about getting a job done, rather than showing literacy, except
> in academia, mostly written by young inexperienced idiots on low pay or no pay
> at all.

I guess you never had to maintain large complex programs written by
someone else, who has long ago left the organization and is not
available for help.  Happens in my line of daytime work all the time.
(Heck, even Emacs maintenance and development present this very
problem quite frequently.)  That's when you value every single bit of
explanation "written by idiots" about what the program does and how.