outline-minor-mode-highlight really weird

From: lisa-asket
Subject: outline-minor-mode-highlight really weird
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 10:32:36 +0200 (CEST)

For me,  'append should not exist, but handled by (setq
outline-minor-mode-highlight t)

Then, if you want outline-minor-mode to force its highlight on the major mode,
use

(setq outline-minor-mode-highlight 'override).

outline-minor-mode could call it (setq outline-minor-mode-highlight 'force) if
that is more

understandable.

Is there the possibility to use headings and keep the highlight of the major
mode?

But for the others use that from outline-minor-mode.

At another level, how about having the possibility of using multiple
outline-regexp

and for each be able to decide whether to override or not.  Currently there is
only one

highlighting setting for all regexp.

What should be tackled first?

.