java anyone?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: java anyone?
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 07:34:31 +0900

I need something where I can just lookup functions in a code base with a local
javadoc tree, including online Oracle documentation, etc. Not a full-fledged
IDE with completion.

I tried to install jdee yesterday but when I try to run it I have a weir error
message, so I dumped it. The I tried jmt and here again I had weird error
messages.

So I'm left with:

  java-class-doc
  java-complete
  java-snippets
  javadoc-lookup
  lsp-java
  lsp-javacomp

available from package.el.

I'm currently running java-mode, which seems to be a derivative of cc-mode, and
I guess I'm fine with that, but I'm not sure what's the best combination with
the above packages.

Is there anybody who has some experience with java packages here and can
enlighten me?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com