Emacs i18n

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 13:53:59 +0200

> Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 10:52 PM
> From: "Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
>
> Christopher Dimech wrote:
>
> > If you want to really see truly fantastic children with
> > great aspirations anywhere, you must see those that have
> > a mastery of the english language.
>
> Well, let's not hit the biggest drum perhaps, but _yes_,
> that's correct. It is breathtaking to behold actually, the
> next generation, and the one after that... so much talent and
> confidence everywhere :O
>
> I personally always thought the old-schoolers were cooler but
> maybe that was just my personality, watching some of the kids
> and youngsters today, it feels like there is no limit to what
> they can do, the sky is the limit, if any, and they know it
> (many of them) ...

It is my hope and my blessing that they would do much better things
than we would do.

> Pretty soon everyone that excels ever so slightly in almost
> any field, including fields we don't know about today because
> they are still embryonic or doesn't even exist yet, these
> people will have the English language as just another ace in
> their coat arm, and they won't even think about it or ever
> hesitate to use it in any from, spoken, written, it will just
> be there and taken for granted and instead they will focus on
> doing amazing things where English will be just one of their
> many assets...
>
> These people will come from all over the world.
> The traditionally rich countries have a head start, a little
> edge if you will, maybe that will be so for the foreseeable
> future but again, there is so much talent everywhere whoever
> relies on that edge alone is "ute i ogjort väder" :)

What has to happen is to liberate publishing.  To get all published
works on their computer and do searches with artificial intelligence.

But governments don't want that.  Governments only want research organisations
approved by them to extract information from data mining algorithms.
Of course the restrictions would not apply to them, as we are currently
being enlightened by the recent revelations of the Pegasus Project.

Citizens all across the world must unite to end corporate and state
surveillance,
whilst bringing data mining capabilities possible for citizens.