Re: minimize-frame ?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: minimize-frame ?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 03:27:10 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Arthur Miller wrote:
>
>> TinyWM, just 50 lines of C:
>>
>> http://incise.org/tinywm.html
>
> So small not even 'aptitude search' can find it! It seems.
>
>>> mouse-free development. Faster, better ergonomy for the arm
>>
>> That would be very dependent on what you do with your
>> computer. Good luck contructing a CAD model for a machine or
>> a building or computer animation in a 3D fx application
>> without a mouse.
>
> CAD and GIS are the usual examples but then one tend to forget
> playing Quake on the projector. (or yet another TLA, FPS)
>
> With a good AI, it would be forever fun, actually!
Maybe this github ai they want Emacs developer for could do games too?
> But it is too unrealistic and repetitive, especially the
> running and shooting part (impossible), and even worse, all
> firefights tend to amount backpedaling while shooting
> (impossible impossible).
Quake was the first fps I ever played. Than doom and than Unreal.
But I never played much. I always found figuring out how a game were
made more fun than figuring out how to play it.
> Can't anyone redo Quake so it will be a realistic, tactical
> game? Everything else they can leave unrealistic!
That shouldn't be impossible. There are so many mods of various Quake
engines out there, you could pick one and make it. Maybe you can plug it
into githubs AI via Emacs and get payed for it? :)