Emacs i18n

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Emacs i18n
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:04:24 +0200

> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 9:44 AM
> From: "Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Emacs i18n

> >> That's what it looks like from the (big) bubble we're in, yes.
> >> But I think China would beg to differ.
> > China's opinion is irrelevant and full of shit.
>
> Your prejudice doesn't change the fact that a significant (and arguably
> an increasing) amount of research is done in chinese.

To get really back on topic, nobody started to work on multilingualisation
seriously.  I support the idea of a multilingualisation framework, but a focus
on particular languages such as chinese is misguided.

Peaple conversant in particular language can then have the capability
of doing that specific work.