Re: minimize-frame ?

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: minimize-frame ?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 14:09:13 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Arthur Miller wrote:
>
>> Quake was the first fps I ever played. Than doom and than
>> Unreal. But I never played much.
>
> Quake (1996), Fallout (1997), and StarCraft (1998) for the PC,
> and Final Fantasy 7 (1997) for the PSX where the last game
> I ever played.
I forgott, actually the coolest game I ever played was Seriuos Sam. I
loved the parodi on action games, at least in the very first. It was
like those early James Bond movies that were a parodi on Holliwood
action stuff. I did play some SC2 and I also forgott, my first game was
actually Civilization I on an onld 286 computer with floppy disks :D. If
we don't count arcade games back in 80's when I was a kid.

> Quake stands out for impeccable, 100% seamless game mechanics.
> Glitches nonexistent!
>
> Written in C. Faster than C++. And cooler :)
I think you wold be surprised. I have heard something that Quake runs
lot's of the game stuff on interpretted byte code language called
[[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuakeC][Quake
C]] :).
>> I always found figuring out how a game were made more fun
>> than figuring out how to play it.
>
> Really? Advanced :)
>
> Quake is like playing ice hockey, the body does the figuring
> out stuff rather than the brain I'd say :)
Then Unreal was/*is* still more so. Unreal definitely made the trend
and inspired Quake III Arena when it comes to fast paced shooters.

> Do Image Google the Hitachi 18V Cordless Reciprocating Saw.
> It even LOOKS like something out'a Quake!
>
> Quake is
>
>   # time-from 1996-06-22
>   25y 1m 0d 0h 0min 0s (9161 days) [219864 hours]
>
> old.
> <https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/time>
Looks pretty, but why writing shell script, write it in Elisp :-).