Metal Mercury Mode: Library not found

From: Volker Wysk
Subject: Metal Mercury Mode: Library not found
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 20:10:12 +0200

Hi

I'm trying to install the Metal Mercury Mode (for the Mercury
programming language) and get this message on startup:

   Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
   `/home/v/.emacs':

   File is missing: Cannot open load file, No such file or directory,
   dash

I've added this to my .emacs, like it's described in the M.M.M.
documentation:

   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/metal-mercury-mode")
   (require 'metal-mercury-mode)

The files are in place:

   desktop ~ $ ls -l ~/.emacs.d/metal-mercury-mode/
   insgesamt 72
   -rw-r----- 1 v v 35147 Jul 20 20:58 LICENSE.md
   -rw-r----- 1 v v  8718 Jul 20 20:58 mercury-font-lock.el
   -rw-r----- 1 v v  8277 Jul 20 20:58 mercury-indentation.el
   -rw-r----- 1 v v  4975 Jul 22 13:11 metal-mercury-mode.el
   -rw-r----- 1 v v   941 Jul 20 20:58 README.md

Somehow the metal-mercury-mode isn't found. Even though
"~/.emacs.d/metal-mercury-mode/" is in the load path...

So how to find out what's going wrong?

Regards,
Volker