Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 22:07:08 +0800

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 9:58 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
> > Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 21:41:03 +0800
> > Cc: Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org>,
> >  help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
> >  Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com>
> >
> > > (debug-on-message "Package cl is deprecated")
> >
> > I tried this method, but meet the following warning:
> >
> > Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
> > ‘/home/werner/.emacs.d/init.el’:
> >
> > Symbol's function definition is void: debug-on-message
>
> debug-on-message is a variable, not a function.

Then, how to pinpoint the target message?

> > > Ref.
> > >
> > > (Info-index "debug-on-message")
> >
> > `M-: (Info-index "debug-on-message") RET':
>
> This only works in a buffer that shows the Emacs Lisp Reference manual
> in Info mode.

`C-h i RET M-: (Info-index "debug-on-message") RET':

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "The Info directory node has no
index; use m to sel...")
  signal(error ("The Info directory node has no index; use m to sel..."))
  error("The Info directory node has no index; use m to sel...")
  Info-index("debug-on-message")
  eval((Info-index "debug-on-message") t)
  eval-expression((Info-index "debug-on-message") nil nil 127)
  funcall-interactively(eval-expression (Info-index
"debug-on-message") nil nil 127)
  call-interactively(eval-expression nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-expression)

Where is my mistake?

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province