Re: ace-window and font face not working

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: ace-window and font face not working
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 10:18:38 +0200

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 3:19 PM Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> wrote:
> (custom-set-faces
>          '(aw-leading-char-face
>            ((t (:inherit ace-jump-face-foreground :height 30 :weight
> bold :foreground "#00ffff" :background "#0000ff")))))

I'm still fighting with this, however I've made some steps forward:
1) the aw-ledaing-char-face is not honored in terminal window because
any face size is not, since the terminal is driving the font size. In
other words, the above almost works in GUI Emacs but
2) no matter where I place the above snippet, it does not work once
GUI Emacs is started unless M-x evaluate-region

Why do I need to re-evaluate the region after Emacs has started? I've
tried to place the snippet at the very end of my config file, but
still it does not work.

Thanks,
Luca