RE: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 04:03:29 +0000

> > You can also try `C-h v load-history'.
> >
> > Or type `load-history' in *scratch* (without the
> > quotes), put your cursor after that text, and use
> > `M-x pp-eval-last-sexp'.
> >
> > Each of those shows you your complete history of
> >
> > Search the *Help* buffer (for `C-h v') or search
> > the *Pp Eval Output* buffer (for `pp-...') for
> > other loads - those can give you a hint of what
> > caused cl.el[c] to be loaded.
>
> Thank you very much for letting me know so many wonderful tricks. I
> tried with swiper to search the *Pp Eval Output* buffer, but nothing
> matched, as shown in the attachment. Did I do something wrong?

Try just Isearch.  Search for `(require . cl)' (note the dot).

If you have a library `foo.el' in directory
`/some/dir/somewhere/', where `foo.el' requires
library cl then you'll find a sexp such as this:

 ("/some/dir/somewhere/foo.el"
  (require . cl)
  ...)

You may well have loaded multiple libraries that
require cl.  You may be interested in all of them,
but the first one is likely the one that loaded
cl.el[c].

(Searching `C-h v load-history' in *Help* is
harder, because it may split `(require 'cl)' across
two lines.)