Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 10:46:32 +0800

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 10:28 AM Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> > Thank you very much for the information, but I still can't figure out
> > what's the meaning of `Lax' used here.
>
> A strict interpretation of a space char you type
> means match it against a single space char.
>
> The lax interpretation of a space char you type
> means match it against one or more chars, each
> of which can be space, tab, newline, or carriage
> return.
>
> Look at the regexp that's in the string that's
> the value of the variable when you opt for lax
> matching of a space char.  That regexp says
> just that: one or more of those chars.
>
> Read the Elisp manual, node `Regular Expressions'
> and its subnodes.
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Regular-Expressions.html

Thank you again. I summarize the other manual nodes relevant to the
question discussed here as follows:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Rx-Notation.html
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Lax-Search.html
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Replacement-and-Lax-Matches.html