gnutls and `erc-tls' (was: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: gnutls and `erc-tls' (was: Re: [External] : Re: Package cl is deprecated)
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 23:05:11 +0200

>>> export EMACS_SOURCE=https://github.com/mirrors/emacs.git
>>
>> I use the real upstream repo, instead of the mirror, as
>> shown below:
>>
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs.git
>>
>> According to my experience, the mirror will lag behind the
>> upstream by several days in commits.
>
> OK, let's install it from there... 1s

OK, so now I have, instead of Emacs 28.0.5 build 1, have

  GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) of
  2021-08-02

`emacs-version' is here, so is `gnus-version'

  Gnus v5.13

But during installation, at configuration it complained that
gnutls wasn't available. I installed the \*gnutls\* packs from
the Debian repos, and the configuration didn't complain.
The rest of the installation went fine.

But now, it seems I can't connect to IRC! Failed on two
servers, it doesn't get by the "Opening connection.." stage.

I do (did) that with `erc-tls', so it makes sense it
is related.

Ideas?

--
underground experts united