Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 15:41:50 +0300

> From: Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 20:20:02 +0800
>
> On Ubuntu 20.04, I noticed that ispell use the following file as its
> completion dictionary: "/usr/share/dict/words", which comes from
> wamerican package:
>
> $ apt-file search /usr/share/dict/words
> wamerican: /usr/share/dict/words
>
> But I want to know if ispell can use multiple dictionaries stored in
> different files for this purpose.

ispell-alternate-dictionary is a defcustom, so you can customized the
value to point to any other file.  But it must to be a single file.

Why do you need to use more than one file at once?  This file is not
really used as a dictionary, it is used to complete words you type as
replacements, or when you are looking for a word you cannot remember.
It isn't a dictionary used by the speller for finding spelling
mistakes.