Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 17:54:24 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> On Ubuntu 20.04, I noticed that ispell use the following
> file as its completion dictionary: "/usr/share/dict/words",
> which comes from wamerican package:
>
> $ apt-file search /usr/share/dict/words wamerican:
> /usr/share/dict/words
>
> But I want to know if ispell can use multiple dictionaries
> stored in different files for this purpose.

Install wamerican-insane - that should be the biggest ... then
just start type and spell, insert everything that is correct,
using the interface. It should be more than enough
pretty soon.

As for using multiple files, you can do a little Elisp loop
that iterates the dictionaries.

Another alternative is this, see this discussion of virtual
files on Linux:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/94041/a-virtual-file-containing-the-concatenation-of-other-files

But I think it is overkill for this purpose (could be cool to
try tho), if I wanted to use several files, I'd just have
a simple script or Makefile that merged them into a new,
regular file, and then that's what I would use.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal