Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Let ispell use use multiple dictionaries stored in different files.
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 02:34:32 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

>> Straight gangsta!
>
> What's the meaning of this phrase?

"Awesome!"

> I've read through RFC 3676, section 4.3, but still can't
> figure out the problem of mine. Any more
> revisions/hints/comments/enhancements will be
> highly appreciated?

  There is a long-standing convention in Usenet news which
  also commonly appears in Internet mail of using "-- " as the
  separator line between the body and the signature of
  a message. [1]

Note the space after the two "hyphen-minuses" (or dashes).
Sometimes that space disappears, I think this is what happened
to you because you have two dashes (and no space), maybe the
mail client removes whitespace or whatever in a misguided
attempt to clean things up (well, in that case at least).

Anyway without the whitespace it doesn't work, it has to be
there: dash dash space newline signature.

With Gnus for example, you can have an article buffer hide the
signature and make it a button. So you can check it out if you
want to. But most often it is the same signatures over and
over so it can remain hidden just as well.

  (gnus-article-hide-signature nil 1) ; [2]

[1] https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3676.txt lines 462-464
[2] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/gnus/article.el

--
underground experts united