Re: Find the longest word in the word list file.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Find the longest word in the word list file.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 12:25:58 +0800

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 12:05 PM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> > ``Greenspun's tenth rule'' says [1]:
> >
> > Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains
> > an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow
> > implementation of half of Common Lisp.
>
> There are many awesome programs written in C, Quake for
> example, we have already mentioned Emacs and Linux but huge
> parts of the Unix tool chain is in C.
>
> On the contrary programs written in Lisp isn't common anymore.
>
> It is thanks to Emacs not the least that it survives and
> attracts new programmers at all.

All in all, I think the intrinsic idea is the core. See here for the
nine ideas embodied in lisp [1].
>From the ultimate point of view, any language is used to solve
practical problems, so it is the most reasonable and objective to let
the development of history as the final evaluation criterion. All
these languages are not enemies, but friends. It is because of their
cooperation that we can complete complex research and engineering
projects.

[1] http://www.paulgraham.com/diff.html

Best, Hongyi