Re: Lexical vs. dynamic: small examples?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Lexical vs. dynamic: small examples?
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 21:41:57 +0200

Eduardo Ochs wrote:

> The two programming languages that I use more are Elisp and
> Lua, and Lua

They (the Brazilians) did Lua (moon in Portugese) because
Python wasn't around, and Lisp was too cryptic with its
"unfriendly" syntax :) [1]

> the easiest way to understand a specification that can be
> implemented in many ways is to study the specification AND
> one implementation of it.

ikr?

> details [...] of the current implementation of lexical
> binding in Emacs are hard to find, so I'm writing them
> myself

Okay, but how many situations are they?

You already have the example with `let', what other situations
can you think of?

One example per situation should be enough and do them as
short as possible. Because there aren't that many, are there?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal