Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of E

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of Emacs now?
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 03:28:39 +0200

Jude DaShiell wrote:

> By now possibly, but you failed to understand my original
> post. When you want support for software to continue beyond
> your life span it pays to locate and designate with their
> agreement someone to take over lead development for you at
> the appropriate time. The earlier you do this, the better if
> you're careful in your selection process. It's like
> continuity of government and why the United States has
> a chain of titles 50 deep to replace the President.

I doesn't matter but personally I don't think it works like
that. If people care about the software, plenty of people will
contribute to it, and it doesn't matter what you do. And if
they don't, again it doesn't matter what you do, you can't
make them.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal