Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of E

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of Emacs now?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:01:25 -0800

On 8/23/21 10:16 AM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
Samuel Banya wrote:

The way I think of this is like this:

There always will be a fork.

Look at Vim:
Sure the same guy is still leading major git commits, but
most people use Neovim anyway.

Same thing with Emacs, especially if they force Rust into
the main Emacs repo. That's when I'll start looking for
different forks of it as I'm more of a fan of C anyway.
It's the same thing! Especially if that happens.
Good grief, I never heard of neovim until just now. Have used vim
for ages, especially for adhoc system editing and have evil on emacs.

As much as I've always admired vim, I've been a little concerned that it appears
to be a one-developer system. Glad to see that emacs has moved away from
that.

cheers

--
Tim