Re: encoding in shell-command and subshell

From: Dante Catalfamo
Subject: Re: encoding in shell-command and subshell
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 19:09:54 -0400

How are you launching Emacs? It's possible the environment variables aren't defined when Emacs is launched. I know this is a problem on MacOS or when you launch it using something like systemd.

The `exec-path-from-shell' package will probably solve the problem for you. It opens a shell and pulls all the environment variables from it.