Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of E

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Does Richard M. Stallman still scrutinize and develop the codes of Emacs now?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 00:25:32 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> As Vim is extensible similarly as Emacs everybody can
> contribute to it by providing extensions.
>
> If software is useful, I don't see any problem if it would
> be developed by single person. That is how majority of
> projects starts.
>
> As it is free software you are free to fork and build upon
> it if there is no possibility where you could, instead of
> forking it yourself, contribute collaboratively.

If a single person does it, that isn't at problem as long as
no one else wants to do it. Then it is "reality".

If a single person does it, and the rest cannot do it except
for forking it and become another "single person doing it",
that's a _huge_ problem and that model is unlikely to be
successful as it would require a brilliant person who can
accomplish wonders with no help from anyone else.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal