Re: Gnus Emacs Header

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Gnus Emacs Header
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 15:24:59 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-08-29 13:56]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > From:
> > Jean Louis
> > Sunday, August 29, 2021
>
> There are From and Date mail headers already.
>
> > [Line about my current activity]
> > Phone: [my phone here]
> > [city], [country]
>
> There is a signature already.

Signature is not header, though such information could be placed in
signature. Though people who receive email for first time or receive
email from multiple staff members from same organization may be less
confused when the first, in the header, see some basic information
about WHO IS THIS? WHERE IS THAT PERSON FROM? WHAT IS IT ABOUT? Though
people should be reading from email headers, but reality is that this
is less today than before.

> I like what Snowden did (and read his book) but putting a message
> about him, the same message, in every mail will just annoy people
> since they didn't ask for it still will see it over and over.

Well, I don't get annoyed, it is similar to signature right? Who
cares? Don't read it if you know what is it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman