Re: Lisp anime video

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Lisp anime video
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 17:44:47 +0200

tomas wrote:

>> Yes, but I wrote that. In the video they show another piece
>> of code which doesn't work in MIT/GNU Scheme what
>> I can see.
>
> So the difference is (1- n) vs (- n 1)? Why don't you say
> that, instead of letting people find out? [...] Note: Guile
> knows about `1-'.

Here is a screenshot of the code from the video:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/scheme/lisp-maybe.png

What I can see, it says exactly

(cond (=1 n)
  (* n
     (fac (- n
             1))
  n)

which doesn't work in MIT/GNU Scheme or GNU Guile.

$ scheme --version
MIT/GNU Scheme microcode 15.3
Copyright (C) 2019 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
PURPOSE.

Image saved on Wednesday June 10, 2020 at 2:59:57 PM
  Release 10.1.11   || Microcode 15.3 || Runtime 15.7 || SF 4.41
  LIAR/x86-64 4.118
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

$ guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 3.0.5
Packaged by Debian (3.0.5-deb+3.0.5-4)

License LGPLv3+: GNU LGPL 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>.